The Pilates Certification Program approves continuing education coursework throughout the year. Approvals are valid for one year from date of approval.
Applications are accepted from:
- Conferences that offer multiple workshops;
- Workshop presenters – the approval is valid no matter where the workshop is presented during the approved year;
- Hosts – studio/gym or other owners of a space that would like to host a presenter/workshop and have the workshop approved for CECs. (This approval is limited to the location and the presenter identified in the application)
- Individual or organization that provides Distance Learning - (Online, DVD and audio) workshops.
The content taught in these CECs are divided in 2 categories:
1. PILATES CONTENT
Must be taught by a Certified Pilates Teacher, who has been teaching clients for a minimum of 5 years and has been teaching Pilates workshops for teachers for a minimum of 1 year.
2. COMPLEMENTARY CONTENT
- ALLIED MODALITIES
Allied modality workshops support the certified Pilates teacher by broadening their skills set beyond the Pilates paradigm. Such coursework includes topics such as:
* Movement, etc.
Must be taught by a licensed healthcare professional, or an individual that provides evidence of mastery of the subject matter presented. Subject matter must fit within the presenter’s scope of experience/knowledge and be applied appropriately to the Pilates professional’s Scope of Practice.
- INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
Industry development workshops are intended to enhance the Pilates teacher’s understanding of the structures inherent within established professions. Presenters should identify established norms, and focus on those established elements that commonly define an industry. This coursework must be taught by individuals with field experience in:
* Third party certification;
* Professional associations;
* Licensure development.
Subject matter must fit within the presenter’s scope of experience/knowledge and be applied appropriately to the Pilates professional’s Scope of Practice.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Business development workshops address the skills necessary to maintain a productive Pilates studio. Subjects like those listed below will be considered:
* Business administration;
* IT support;
This coursework must be taught by a presenter that holds a degree - minimum of a Bachelor's - in business administration, finance, accounting, or have 5 plus years of experience as a business owner or administrator.
|How to provide approved CECs|
|Back to the main menu|