Registry of Schools
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Applications to participate with the Registry of Schools are no longer accepted as the program has been discontinued. The Current Registry listing of Schools will remain public through June 30, 2018. At that time, the webpage will be removed from the PMA website. To learn more about the launch of the new Pilates School Approval Program, please click here.
•Gain marketing exposure for your school on PMA website
•Position your school alongside others
•Receive recognition as a supporter of industry development
•PMA staff refer callers to the Registry
- The school shall use terms such as ‘‘diploma", "assessment-based certificate", or "certificate" to describe the results of their teacher training program, and must not use the word "certification".
- The school must offer a minimum 450-hour comprehensive Pilates teacher training program. (Training must be in person. Online-only programs do not qualify.)
- The program must include a practical assessment of movement and teaching skills.
- The Program Director must have a minimum of 10 yrs experience teaching Pilates. Documentation must be provided. Appropriate verification includes certificates of completion, a diploma or other validation of comprehensive training (comprehensive Pilates training is defined as training on all apparatus and mat) dated 10 years prior to the application date. Any questions related to this requirement can be sent to Ray Infante email@example.com.
- The Program Director must be a PMA®-CPT (PMA®Certified Pilates Teacher).
- The Program must comply with all applicable business, employment and intellectual property laws, as per PMA Code of Ethi