Registry of Schools
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of June 30, 2017 will be the last date for renewals or new applications to participate with Registry of Schools Program. The Registry listing of Schools will remain public through June 30, 2018, at which point it will be discontinued. To learn more about the launch of the new Pilates School Approval Program, please click here.
•Gain marketing exposure for your school on PMA website
•Position your school alongside others
•Receive recognition as a supporter of industry development
•PMA staff refer callers to the Registry
- The school shall use terms such as ‘‘diploma", "assessment-based certificate", or "certificate" to describe the results of their teacher training program, and must not use the word "certification".
- The school must offer a minimum 450-hour comprehensive Pilates teacher training program. (Training must be in person. Online-only programs do not qualify.)
- The program must include a practical assessment of movement and teaching skills.
- The Program Director must have a minimum of 10 yrs experience teaching Pilates. Documentation must be provided. Appropriate verification includes certificates of completion, a diploma or other validation of comprehensive training (comprehensive Pilates training is defined as training on all apparatus and mat) dated 10 years prior to the application date. Any questions related to this requirement can be sent to Ray Infante firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Program Director must be a PMA®-CPT (PMA®Certified Pilates Teacher).
- The Program must comply with all applicable business, employment and intellectual property laws, as per PMA Code of Ethics.
$100.00 per year per additional location