What is Pilates Day?
Pilates Day is an annual, international, community event celebrated on the first Saturday of May every year. The Pilates Day mission is to foster the public's appreciation and awareness of the Pilates Method through a network of varied, innovative, and high quality grassroots Pilates events accessible and affordable for all. Pilates Day is a program of the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA), and Pilates Day events are produced and hosted by PMA members. See short video here.
Why Should You Participate?
Participating in Pilates Day is a fun and exciting way to raise the profile of your Pilates business. It’s an excellent platform for education, networking, information, and the promotion of the Pilates Method!
Are you interested in introducing your work to a new sector of your community – perhaps senior citizens, people with low back pain, tennis players, and your book club? Maybe you’ve had an idea kicking around in your mind about how to promote Pilates, but you haven’t gotten around to it. Here’s your chance! The PMA encourages all interested parties to become active in this international initiative to create community and bring people into Pilates classes.
Benefits of Participation
• Raise the profile of Pilates and your business in your community
• Develop goodwill in your community and gain new clients!
• Create networking opportunities
• Be part of a formally organized international celebration under the PMA banner
• Join in a shared vision and purpose
• Gain publicity and exposure for your studio through PMA-issued press releases and web listing
• The PMA will provide a "Pilates Day Kit" to help you plan and produce a successful event.
The electronic Pilates Day Kit includes:
1. Pre-designed artwork for posters, postcards, and business cards
2. Pre-designed sample advertisements, budgets, production time lines
3. Sample press releases which you can customize to your unique situation and location
4. PMA Pilates Day logo artwork for use on printed materials, t-shirts, etc.
5. Resources for your printing needs on paper, t-shirts and other types of items
6. Lots of event ideas and tips and tricks for producing a great PMA Pilates Day event!
- The PMA provides a FREE Pilates Day Kit to current PMA members who wish to host a Pilates Day event and complete the on-line application. In the event that an organization wishes to produce a Pilates Day event, the event organizer must be a current PMA member. If you’re not already a member, click here to join the PMA.
- The Pilates Day event should have a theme compatible with the Pilates Day mission.
- The Pilates Day host should be committed to the development and unity of the national and international Pilates community.
- In the planning of a Pilates Day event, the host must adhere to the PMA’s Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice.
- Pilates Day is officially on the first Saturday in May. If you would like to hold your event on a different day, please let us know.
- A Pilates Day Host must provide proof of professional liability insurance with “additionally insured” named if applicable. The limits of liability should be sufficient to cover the event, staff, volunteers, and participants. Insurance documentation must be submitted to the PMA in order to be confirmed as a Pilates Day host and to have their event listed on the Pilates Day website.
- Properly branded marketing material must be used to promote your Pilates Day event. The Pilates Day Kit includes ready-made artwork to be used as posters, postcards, business cards and T-shirts. It also includes sample budgets, production time lines, and press releases.